Greenwood at Spartanburg (laugh all you want but.....

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood at Spartanburg (laugh all you want but.....

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

I'm telling you Greenwood has a good team. We haven't played like it but let's break this down. When you play Dutch Fork, Dorman, Northwestern, Spartanburg, and Hillcrest the first five games of the season you ain't going undefeated 9 times out of ten. I'm not making excuses. The other teams are just that good.

We got number 17 in the country and number 1 in State this week on the road. To have a CHANCE, we'll need to play perfect. Not doubting my team, that's just what it is.

bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

Re: Greenwood at Spartanburg (laugh all you want but.....

Post by bruindad79 »

I'm gonna say this... I and Band Dad saw Spartanburg last yr in the semi finals and believe me, they aint NO JOKE. If Feaster isn't stopped BEHIND the line, I promise you, NO ONE on your team, my team, or anyone else's team will catch him. Period. The kid ran a 4.3 40 yd dash at the Nike Opening combine. Clemson fans had better be dancing in the streets next fall when he gets on campus, he is the REAL deal, not to leave out their QB as well, kid can flat sling it down the field.

Good Luck next week against them.

Go Tigers
Conway Tigers

Post by Go Tigers »

So how you Greenwood fans liking that "5A" schedule y'all were so eager to take on earlier this summer. Funny how y'all thinks it's such a tough task now. I tried to tell you.........those big schools have an advantage but noooooooooooooo you couldn't see it. I bet your vision is clearing up now........lol.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

We're loving the schedule. It's sucks now but it will only make us better. It's hard to get better by beating up on inferior teams. You'll see. That's why we made it to the semi finals as a four loss team last year.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

As for Feaster, he's a man amongst boys. He gonna do his thing no matter what team he plays against. Just gotta try and keep up with the score. #goeagles

micallen
South Florence Bruins

Post by micallen »

Did Feaster get hurt last weekend? I saw where he only had a few carries and 1 reception.

micallen
South Florence Bruins

Post by micallen »

Nevermind, I just found this:

Feaster had a breakout game with five touchdowns in a win at Union County. He had three carries for three yards against the Indians last week.

Feaster said he knows defenses will try to slow him down and he's glad to have dependable teammates.

"It takes a lot of pressure off me," he said. "It shows how dynamic we are. We've still got a lot of work, but I think we're the most explosive offense in the state."

I guess they just chose to air it out this game.

Senior quarterback Austin Scott was 27-for-43 with 435 yards and five touchdowns.

Rebelyell88
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebelyell88 »

Spartanburg is gonna be a tough out for anyone! Feaster can be stopped but now Scott has the weapons to pick a defense apart! Its a pick your poison type deal! Greenwood has a chance but IMO its a slim chance! This year to beat spartanburg you gonna have to out score them cause I don't care how good your d is they are gonna get theirs!

5Vikings
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by 5Vikings »

micallen wrote:Nevermind, I just found this:

Feaster had a breakout game with five touchdowns in a win at Union County. He had three carries for three yards against the Indians last week.

Feaster said he knows defenses will try to slow him down and he's glad to have dependable teammates.

"It takes a lot of pressure off me," he said. "It shows how dynamic we are. We've still got a lot of work, but I think we're the most explosive offense in the state."

Senior quarterback Austin Scott was 27-for-43 with 435 yards and five touchdowns.

Feaster also had Strep Throat last week and missed a couple days of practice...

micallen
South Florence Bruins

Post by micallen »

5Vikings wrote:
micallen wrote:Nevermind, I just found this:

Ahh, that makes sense. No reason to play him much when the QB can carry you.
Feaster also had Strep Throat last week and missed a couple days of practice...