Byrnes Rebels Preview 2024

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCFootballWatcher
No Team Affiliation

Byrnes Rebels Preview 2024

Post by SCFootballWatcher »

Byrnes

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: Byrnes Rebels Preview 2024

Post by Greerfan1 »

SCFootballWatcher wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm
Byrnes
Was hopeful this would be the first year in over 20 years that we beat those pesky Rebels, but I doubt it. I still expect a down year for the Rebels, there are to many question marks all over the roster. There is young talent especially at WR, how will the OL hold up? That's my main question. I expect 4-5 wins this season. Anything over 7 would be a shock to me.

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:34 pm
SCFootballWatcher wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm
Byrnes
Was hopeful this would be the first year in over 20 years that we beat those pesky Rebels, but I doubt it. I still expect a down year for the Rebels, there are to many question marks all over the roster. There is young talent especially at WR, how will the OL hold up? That's my main question. I expect 4-5 wins this season. Anything over 7 would be a shock to me.
Byrnes DL will be tops in the state and of course will bring back one of the best RB in the state! The Wr's will be young but super talented with a dual threat QB that IMO should have been the starter last year! 5 wins as of now seems to be the max for the team !

SCFootballWatcher
No Team Affiliation

Post by SCFootballWatcher »

Am I missing something but Byrnes arguably has the best returning running back in the region along with two pretty good running backs behind him.

Depending on who Shaw has brought into call Offensive Players they should still be in the chase to finish atop the region again.

I think the biggest thing the Rebels will need to replace is the Linebackers. They are also going to need to identify kids in a lot of spots due to having so many kids playing both ways last season. They are a young team this season but they have a ton of talent issue is going to be being on the road this season.

If I'm Byrnes I'm renting or purchasing some aluminum bleachers to sit around 2500 and installing them at Beech Springs and trying to accommodate 4,000 fans (those fans used to lawn chairs on the visitor side anyways) total for home games. I'm doing Covid rules Families, students, staff, boosters, and first come first served to that stadium. Those kids deserve home game experiences.

I'm Batman!
No Team Affiliation

Post by I'm Batman! »

The word is that they waited for the graduation before starting to tear down things and get started...

My question is, why not find a place to hold 2024 graduation (which will not be held outside if it is raining any way) and they could have started back in November of last year and maybe they could have played at least part of the season this year at home?

I'm Batman!
No Team Affiliation

Post by I'm Batman! »

SCFootballWatcher wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:39 am
Am I missing something but Byrnes arguably has the best returning running back in the region [and possibly in the state] along with two pretty good running backs behind him.

Depending on who Shaw has brought into call Offensive Plays they should still be in the chase to finish atop the region again.

I think the biggest thing the Rebels will need to replace is the Linebackers [and with the transfers, DB's as well] . They are also going to need to identify kids in a lot of spots due to having so many kids playing both ways last season. They are a young team this season but they have a ton of talent issue is going to be being on the road this season.

[My comments are formatted like this above...]
I'm saying being on the road all year will mean 5-5 at best!