Greenville @ Northwestern

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Greenville @ Northwestern

Post by trojangrad78 »

Laurens ran a weird offensive scheme. Greenwood brought the house all the time on Northwestern's offense.

Both teams provided wrinkles for the coaching staff to adjust to and they did a pretty good job of it.

What will Greenville do on defense to slow down Northwestern's offense and keep the score down?

What will Greenville do on offense to be able to keep the ball for extended periods of time and keep the number of Northwestern's offensive possessions to a minimum?

I don't think Greenville will be successful if the game turns into a scoring contest.

Northwestern has held opponents to 12 total first quarter points in 12 games while averaging almost 17 points themselves in the first quarter.

Northwestern's first team defense played in the first half only against Laurens and Greenwood. They gave up -3 net offensive yards to Laurens in two quarters and 8 net offensive yards to Greenwood in two quarters. What will Greenville do against this defense, especially this defensive live of all juniors (yes....they were all sophomores starting against South Florence last year).

I may be mistaken, but Northwestern's first team offense generally starts only 3 or 4 seniors and the first team defense plays most of the time with only 1 senior. They are still a work-in-progress, but getting better and better every game.

Okay........comments and other opinions??

tg78

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: Greenville @ Northwestern

Post by Greerfan1 »

You hit it right on the head, Greenville is going to get blown out. Give me Northwestern by 30.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 pm
You hit it right on the head, Greenville is going to get blown out. Give me Northwestern by 30.
Greenville 42
Northwestern 41

:mrgreen:
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

trojangrad78 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:05 pm
Laurens ran a weird offensive scheme. Greenwood brought the house all the time on Northwestern's offense.

Both teams provided wrinkles for the coaching staff to adjust to and they did a pretty good job of it.

What will Greenville do on defense to slow down Northwestern's offense and keep the score down?

What will Greenville do on offense to be able to keep the ball for extended periods of time and keep the number of Northwestern's offensive possessions to a minimum?

I don't think Greenville will be successful if the game turns into a scoring contest.

Northwestern has held opponents to 12 total first quarter points in 12 games while averaging almost 17 points themselves in the first quarter.

Northwestern's first team defense played in the first half only against Laurens and Greenwood. They gave up -3 net offensive yards to Laurens in two quarters and 8 net offensive yards to Greenwood in two quarters. What will Greenville do against this defense, especially this defensive live of all juniors (yes....they were all sophomores starting against South Florence last year).

I may be mistaken, but Northwestern's first team offense generally starts only 3 or 4 seniors and the first team defense plays most of the time with only 1 senior. They are still a work-in-progress, but getting better and better every game.

tg78
Goodnight to everyone but this guy!

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

No Fly Zone wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:02 pm
trojangrad78 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:05 pm

tg78
Goodnight to everyone but this guy!
Good morning to everyone, including No Fly Zone, from this guy!

Congratulations to Greenville on your victory last night!

Good luck going forward!

tg78

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Clearly I missed this one 😂 Congrats to Greenville, I will take my crow with a side of BBQ sauce

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:28 pm
Clearly I missed this one 😂 Congrats to Greenville, I will take my crow with a side of BBQ sauce
:o Didn’t see that coming the way Northwestern has blown ou many teams..

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

viking84 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
:o Didn’t see that coming the way Northwestern has blown out many teams..

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

viking84 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:35 pm
viking84 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
:o Didn’t see that coming the way Northwestern has blown out many teams..
me neither, I'm happy some Greenville county teams are in the upperstate championships.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Greerfan1 wrote:
You good man! This board is to express our opinions anyways. Nothing but fun!
Greenwood High Eagles 2012