Abbeville vs Silver Bluff

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Abbeville vs Silver Bluff

Post by Atown97 »

Can't wait for another epic battle between The Bluff and The Ville. I Hear The Bluff front 7 is dominant anyone knows about their offense.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Abbeville vs Silver Bluff

Post by 96fanatic »

I just don't believe that the
Bluff can hang with the Panthers
for 4 quarters. GO GET'EM PANTHERS!

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Don't know about SB's front 7 but they better be able to run. A lot

STrebels72
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by STrebels72 »

Atown97 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:13 pm
Can't wait for another epic battle between The Bluff and The Ville. I Hear The Bluff front 7 is dominant anyone knows about their offense.
The Bluff front 7 is as good as advertised. They are big, strong, and fast…if you can’t pass effectively, you are going to be in serious trouble

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

So I watched the first half of ST-SB game. The SB defensive line is big and athletic, but ST did gash them a few times on the ground along with passing very effectively. Atown has the ability to pass and I HOPE WE HAVE IT IN THE GAME PLAN, but, we are going to run the ball, a lot. If SB wants to pack the box, I hope we just pop a few over them, ST certainly did so. That said, I believe we will get our yards on the ground, we are relentless that way. The SB offense does not strike fear, Atown defense is stout, they gonna have difficulty sustaining drives. We need to not turn the ball over as we did last week, that is the great equalizer. If Abbeville plays a solid, clean game, I like our chances.

teacher
No Team Affiliation

Post by teacher »

Abbeville by 3 td's .

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

All and All and a Knock out Drag out game. Great Win Panthers 16 to 6. No way these were playoff referees they was awful the worst we have had since earlier in the season. Started out with non called dirty plays. #4 for Silver Bluff is a Grown Man at LB. Practice Thanksgiving morning in Atown is one of the biggest Traditions. Let's Go Panthers

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

The name of the game is to win. We did that, congrats to our team, we move on. It certainly wasn't pretty. The defense gets the credit for this one. SB offense was unable move at all in the first half. To their credit, they adjusted, starting to throw and also had many QB scrambles for yards in 2nd half. They had the ball almost entire 3rd qtr as we only ran 3 plays. Fortunately the D got stops when it counted, they had to be tired, played most of 2nd half. I just do not understand our "two minute" philosophy before half. Never will. We drive to their 45 or so with 45 seconds in half, it's 4th and 5 and we punt???? You let a team hang around after totally dominating the 1st half. Way too passive for me, let's go for it. SB has some dudes on defense, they play hard. Their QB was making plays in the 2nd half, good player. We need to cut out the fumbles this week. Going to need a clean game, maybe throw an early pass or two, loosen the defense up. I'm happy to win, but, I am sure we can play better. We will need to.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

If anyone has the final stat sheet from last night, I would like to see it. Thanks