Byrnes vs Hillcrest

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Byrnes vs Hillcrest

Post by Greerfan1 »

What are we thinking this week? Hillcrest seems to have a strong offense, I could see this being a 31-28 type of game. Give me Byrnes to get the W.

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Byrnes vs Hillcrest

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:46 pm
What are we thinking this week? Hillcrest seems to have a strong offense, I could see this being a 31-28 type of game. Give me Byrnes to get the W.
I see a game like Byrnes/Dorman last week. Close for a bit, then Byrnes takes over for good. 45-17

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

not close at all

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

Think Byrnes wins big. Think Hillcrest lost their mojo with the loss to Hanna. Struggling to beat a not very good Nations Ford team isn’t encouraging

Darth Rebel
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Darth Rebel »

Byrnes got a big lead and then had to had on at the end in the first round last year at Hillcrest. But this is a different year. Hillcrest is a really good team and I agree I think it will be close for a while. Byrnes defense has been solid all year and now the offense seems to be clicking at the right time.Give me the Rebels 31-17

Darth Rebel
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Darth Rebel »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:19 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
I see a game like Byrnes/Dorman last week. Close for a bit, then Byrnes takes over for good. 45-17
We should have scored 50+ last week. The offense is picking it up. Does the play calling seem to be a bit more aggressive now?

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Byrnes big..

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Darth Rebel wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:04 am
ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:19 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
We should have scored 50+ last week. The offense is picking it up. Does the play calling seem to be a bit more aggressive now?
Yes, I agree it does. I’m okay with the qb taking the sack and living to see another day. Too many weapons to not put up 40 plus a game. We are making adjustments at half too. Last week, they moved #2 to more inside slot and dorman had no answers.

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

Like some posters has already stated , could be a lot like last week! Hillcrest however, JMO is a better football team than Dorman and if Byrnes come out the gates slow like last week could be down 21-0 instead of 10-0!

Byrnes should win this by two scores :
Byrnes 35
Hillcrest 17

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

likeitRnot wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:23 pm
Like some posters has already stated , could be a lot like last week! Hillcrest however, JMO is a better football team than Dorman and if Byrnes come out the gates slow like last week could be down 21-0 instead of 10-0!

Byrnes should win this by two scores :
Byrnes 35
Hillcrest 17
I agree with Hillcrest being better, but last week wasn't that slow, Dorman just ran the opening kick back. Byrnes only had the 1 three and out, Dorman just had the ball the entire first quarter. Byrnes had them stopped on second drive to be bailed out by refs when the qb was clearly down. I think last week was one of Byrnes' better games because after the opening kick off, Byrnes controlled that game. Qb played much better than first Dorman Game.