Greenwood at 3A Sandy Creek (GA) Poll

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who ya got

Poll ended at Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:55 am

Greenwood Eagles
57%
Sandy Creek Patriots
43%

Total votes: 7

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood at 3A Sandy Creek (GA) Poll

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Sandy Creek took my Eagles to the woodshed 46-21 last year. Hopefully this year things will be different. Now that I've seen them play Greenwood can compete physically. Hopefully #7 isn't out too long. #19 did a good job of filling in last week. The Sandy Creek qb is extremely fast. They have some good receivers as well. If we can run the ball and keep their offense off the field we'll have a chance. Otherwise we'll have to try and keep up with the score. At least I can be optimistic this year. We'll see how Greenwood responds. Go Eagles.

PS,
Thank you coach Liner for clarifying in regards to the big uglies lol. They aren't as tall but they are stout for sure. Good luck

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood at 3A Sandy Creek (GA) Poll

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

I think we need to be able to slow down or maybe stop the tailback and quarterback getting those chunk yardage on the ground. Sandy Creek's tailback is solid. (Number 2)
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:12 am
I think we need to be able to slow down or maybe stop the tailback and quarterback getting those chunk yardage on the ground. Sandy Creek's tailback is solid. (Number 2)
Their quarterback is faster than anybody we got. Damn he can scoot. Running back is a beast. Will definitely be a challenge.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

northside knight wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:18 am
StateChampsGHS wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:12 am
Their quarterback is faster than anybody we got. Damn he can scoot. Running back is a beast. Will definitely be a challenge.
We got a good shot if we play with heart and determination. These new set of students are understanding what the Greenwood Tradition is really about.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Greenwood is not supposed to win. But hey, let's play and see.

ManigoEra
Greenwood Eagles

Post by ManigoEra »

them atl Boyz got dat speed. don't be scary greenwood go down there at hit somebody

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Sandy Creek 41
Greenwood 7

Final

Sandy Creek just a better team. Nothing else to say besides congrats to Sandy Creek.

Greenwood is much better than last year, just not ready to compete with a team of Sandy Creek's caliber early in the season. If they keep working hard I really believe they can get to the point where they can be competitive with the better teams this year. Where is last year I didn't think they had a snowball's chance in hell regardless of if they got better or not. So I think that's a good sign. Just realize who you played and keep working hard. Go Eagles!

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

Congrats to Sandy Creek! Excellent football team. Keep your head up eagles. You know you are capable of playing better.

ManigoEra
Greenwood Eagles

Post by ManigoEra »

damn.... congradulations sandy creek