A.C. Flora at Greenwood-Poll and Predictions

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who will win A.C. Flora at Greenwood?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:34 pm

A.C. Flora
75%
Greenwood
25%

Total votes: 12

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

A.C. Flora at Greenwood-Poll and Predictions

Post by SCPrepTalk »

A.C. Flora at Greenwood - Week 0 - Poll and Predictions

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: A.C. Flora at Greenwood-Poll and Predictions

Post by SCPrepTalk »

A.C. Flora scrimmage vs Timberland

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Not trying to disrespect my school but I'd be surprised if we won this one. Flora is going to get physical due to their size and Greenwoods lack there of. If we can stop the run we'll have a shot. Neither one of Flora's QBs scare me throwing the ball. Unfortunately, they have a bunch of talent around them and a big o line. Greenwood has talented athletes but need to get their weight up. I mean you're 5'10 160 and the guy across from you is 6'2 215..... Unless the bigger guy is soft, what do you think will happen? Not trying to be negative, just being real. I'm hoping I'm wrong and have to come on here next week and apologize to all the players and coaches! I really hope so but I doubt it.

We'll see ....

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:28 pm
Not trying to disrespect my school but I'd be surprised if we won this one. Flora is going to get physical due to their size and Greenwoods lack there of. If we can stop the run we'll have a shot. Neither one of Flora's QBs scare me throwing the ball. Unfortunately, they have a bunch of talent around them and a big o line. Greenwood has talented athletes but need to get their weight up. I mean you're 5'10 160 and the guy across from you is 6'2 215..... Unless the bigger guy is soft, what do you think will happen? Not trying to be negative, just being real. I'm hoping I'm wrong and have to come on here next week and apologize to all the players and coaches! I really hope so but I doubt it.

We'll see ....
Remember it was just a scrimmage last week. All the plays were vanilla and they were switching people in and out the entire time. Have some faith.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:

We'll see ....
I think people over exaggerate on size. None of the most recent championship teams were huge either. I watched that scrimmage video from beginning to end. While I can't predict the outcome I can say they don't look as good as last year. And this time Greenwood is at home. Some of those kids at Greenwood are bigger than you think. And they are definitely strong and conditioned.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

years ago when coach Babb was there
most teams Greenwood played every year
were bigger than Greenwood and usually
had twice as many players . Greenwood never
had over 30 players until Greenwood and
Brewer combined.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

96fanatic wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:54 am
years ago when coach Babb was there
most teams Greenwood played every year
were bigger than Greenwood and usually
had twice as many players . Greenwood never
had over 30 players until Greenwood and
Brewer combined.
That was even true in my time. And some of those teams had undefeated regular seasons. Sometimes it's about conditioning, strength, hard work; and determination.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Go Get’em Eagles !

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

eagle93 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:11 am
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:

We'll see ....
I think people over exaggerate on size. None of the most recent championship teams were huge either. I watched that scrimmage video from beginning to end. While I can't predict the outcome I can say they don't look as good as last year. And this time Greenwood is at home. Some of those kids at Greenwood are bigger than you think. And they are definitely strong and conditioned.
Well as I said, I apologize to all the players and coaches for selling y'all short! Not sure what or who I was watching last year but this Greenwood team I saw tonight looked more like a traditional Greenwood team. I was most impressed by how they competed physically. Definitely like the offense and what they did in the first half. Never really got in rhythm in the second half after flora made some adjustments. I just attribute that to growing pains.

Eagle 93 they are definitely strong and conditioned as you said. Now I can be a little optimistic as they move forward. Hopefully we continue to get better so we can compete. AC flora definitely a worthy opponent. Good team win.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:29 am
eagle93 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:11 am
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:

We'll see ....
Well as I said, I apologize to all the players and coaches for selling y'all short! Not sure what or who I was watching last year but this Greenwood team I saw tonight looked more like a traditional Greenwood team. I was most impressed by how they competed physically. Definitely like the offense and what they did in the first half. Never really got in rhythm in the second half after flora made some adjustments. I just attribute that to growing pains.

Eagle 93 they are definitely strong and conditioned as you said. Now I can be a little optimistic as they move forward. Hopefully we continue to get better so we can compete. AC flora definitely a worthy opponent. Good team win.
I was just simply saying. You can't just look at size or judge things based on a previous season. I watched AC scrimmage Timberland. I didn't know for sure if Greenwood would win, but I definitely knew they could win after seeing that scrimmage. This game really shouldn't have been this close. They left at least 2 TDs on the field that were right at the goal line. The play calling got a little less aggressive when the got up 24-7 and the defense probably relaxed a little too much and that allowed them to claw back in it. Have to finish. The Greenwood QB is only 14. He's going to get even better and he's already good.