2024 Large 5A Classification

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

2024 Large 5A Classification

Post by DFOLDMAN »

OK....let's hear it....who is going to "stomp Dutch Fork" and win the large 5A classification this season? I'll be honest and say up front that I think the small 5A playoffs will be the most fun to watch...of any class. Gaffney, NW, Irmo, WK...a bunch of teams.

Trying to figure out who will challenge in large 5A...there are always the likely suspects I guess...Fort D, Dorman, Spartanburg, Byrnes etc...but I am going to say Summerville. I think their QB is back...lost a lot of Senior skill positions though...RB and WRs. Not sure what they have to backfill that, nor what they lost on defense but I think Summerville is going to make some noise again. I thought they were unbeatable until WK stopped them last season.

Let me hear your thoughts...

Fear The Fox...

Mbfootballfan
Myrtle Beach Seahawks

Re: 2024 Large 5A Classification

Post by Mbfootballfan »

Myrtle Beach is going to be very good offensively I think. Everything will hinge on the defense. In big 5A Dutch Fork will be targeted by everyone. It’s going to get nasty in November with all eyes on DF. I thought little 5A would be easier until I saw Gaffney on that side along with NW

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:40 am
OK....let's hear it....who is going to "stomp Dutch Fork" and win the large 5A classification this season? I'll be honest and say up front that I think the small 5A playoffs will be the most fun to watch...of any class. Gaffney, NW, Irmo, WK...a bunch of teams.

Trying to figure out who will challenge in large 5A...there are always the likely suspects I guess...Fort D, Dorman, Spartanburg, Byrnes etc...but I am going to say Summerville. I think their QB is back...lost a lot of Senior skill positions though...RB and WRs. Not sure what they have to backfill that, nor what they lost on defense but I think Summerville is going to make some noise again. I thought they were unbeatable until WK stopped them last season.

Fear The Fox...
I've said it all offseason Spartanburg will be the biggest challenger to Dutch Fork in large 5A, I still think Dutch Fork is a HEAVY favorite to win it all again ( as they should be ) I'll also be keeping an eye on JL Mann, will Dorman improve in the 2nd year of the new head coach? A lot of questions with the teams in large 5A.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:16 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:40 am

Fear The Fox...
I've said it all offseason Spartanburg will be the biggest challenger to Dutch Fork in large 5A, I still think Dutch Fork is a HEAVY favorite to win it all again ( as they should be ) I'll also be keeping an eye on JL Mann, will Dorman improve in the 2nd year of the new head coach? A lot of questions with the teams in large 5A.
...Spartanburg = Inconsistency....Until they figure out how to play at their highest level during the playoffs...they won't be "the biggest challenge".

Fear The Fox...

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

Is Tommy Knot’s son going to be the starting quarterback this season for Dutch Fork?

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:38 pm
Is Tommy Knot’s son going to be the starting quarterback this season for Dutch Fork?
Not unless there are some injuries. Ethan Offing started a great deal last season as a sophomore with the injuries to Jon Hunt. KJ Smith is another back-up along with Jaxon Knotts. Offing should have a stellar year, and Smith and Knotts should both get several snaps unless I miss my guess.

Fear The Fox...

SCFootballWatcher
No Team Affiliation

Post by SCFootballWatcher »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:48 pm

...Spartanburg = Inconsistency....Until they figure out how to play at their highest level during the playoffs...they won't be "the biggest challenge".

Fear The Fox...
I think the inconsistency thing can be said for everyone. With that said Spartanburg has a great path to the playoffs. They have two QBs with big experience they return a lot of key pieces to what many say was the best defense in the state last season. The freshman RB tallied up closer to 1000 total yards. They return the top WR and 3/4 starters on the OL. If they can get a spark on offense they can challenge the FORK.

What division is TL Hanna lined up in?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Byrnes has been hit hard with people leaving for other schools, especially on the defensive side. They have a full house backfield and could run the old wishbone offense (if anyone knew how to coach it) with all that talent in the RB room. QB will be a young man who could develop into a real talented player.

Questions at many spots on Defense and the O-line will need to excel for them to make holes for those RB to take advantage of and make positive plays.

New offensive coordinator may be a "run to set up pass game" type play caller once he sees what he to work with...

OH, and a ten game AWAY schedule, I'd say 6-4 would be a good year!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

SCFootballWatcher wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:23 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
I think the inconsistency thing can be said for everyone. With that said Spartanburg has a great path to the playoffs. They have two QBs with big experience they return a lot of key pieces to what many say was the best defense in the state last season. The freshman RB tallied up closer to 1000 total yards. They return the top WR and 3/4 starters on the OL. If they can get a spark on offense they can challenge the FORK.

Hanna will be in there in large 5A I believe. Once a defense figures out their gimmicky offense, they are very one dimensional and stagnant. Spartanburg returns a good defense...I would not say the best in the state...but good. No offense from what I saw last year of them....the returning QBs have more INTs than TDs...and a ground game that averages about 5 yards a carry...solid but not game changing. They may even give DF "what for" when they play in the regular season, but when it counts...in November....the Vikings are enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with their families and DF is on the practice field prepping for the next game... have to wait and see.
I'm curious to see what Summerville and Fort D have this season. Fort D always has the most talent on the field of any team in the state...or second most at least.

Fear The Fox...

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:20 am
SCFootballWatcher wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:23 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...

Hanna will be in there in large 5A I believe. Once a defense figures out their gimmicky offense, they are very one dimensional and stagnant. Spartanburg returns a good defense...I would not say the best in the state...but good. No offense from what I saw last year of them....the returning QBs have more INTs than TDs...and a ground game that averages about 5 yards a carry...solid but not game changing. They may even give DF "what for" when they play in the regular season, but when it counts...in November....the Vikings are enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with their families and DF is on the practice field prepping for the next game... have to wait and see.
I'm curious to see what Summerville and Fort D have this season. Fort D always has the most talent on the field of any team in the state...or second most at least.

Fear The Fox...
Ok… :lol: