Daniel vs Camden

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
stretch
Daniel Lions

Daniel vs Camden

Post by stretch »

After a hard fought win in the upperstate championship to earn themselves one last week of football, the Daniel Lions will head to Orangeburg to face a familiar team in the 3A championship game. For the third time in 4 years we will be playing the Camden Bulldogs.

Camden comes in to this game battle tested throughout the playoffs. They defeated #1 seed Dillon in round 2, then a good Gilbert team in round 3, then they took the lowerstate championship last week over #1 seed Brookland-Cayce. They currently have an 11-3 record, their losses are to non region opponents Hartsville and 2A upperstate champ Gray Collegiate, then a region loss to a talented Crestwood team. They are led by the same QB from the last time we played but he is now a senior and has really developed as a player becoming a much better passer. They have plenty of good receivers who have been putting up great numbers, two of them have double digit receiving touchdowns on the season. By the stats they look like they are more balanced on offense than when we played years past so it’ll be interesting to see how that changes the game.

My Lions had their hands full last week against BHP who to many people were the best team in 3A this year. They were definitely one tough team, and we didn’t back down from the challenge. Despite our QB trying to give the game away in the final quarter our defense stepped up and with a little bit of good fortune we were able to win and advance. In past games with Camden they have stayed relatively close with the Bulldogs having a lead at some point in both matchups but by the end of it we will outlast them and pull away. I obviously am hoping these trends continue. I do think this Camden team is motivated to finally beat us but we will have to wait and see Saturday. I am expecting a good game between these teams.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: Daniel vs Camden

Post by Greerfan1 »

This is the game I'm most looking forward to this weekend, should be a fun one!

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Of all the championship games this weekend I think this one might have been the best. My Lions have won their 3rd state championship in 4 years beating Camden in OT 49-48. Last year their season ended by allowing a 2 point conversion but tonight they were able to hold Camden out and I couldn’t be prouder of this team. I didn’t think this team would’ve been holding the state championship trophy after last season but this team kept proving me and everyone else that doubted them wrong. This senior class finished 51-1 and definitely cemented themselves as the best class ever to come through Daniel.
Go Daniel Lions!!

nastycats1988
Dillon Wildcats

Post by nastycats1988 »

Awesome and congrats. I hear yall are moving back up next year. Hope you enjoyed the titles.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

nastycats1988 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:09 am
Awesome and congrats. I hear yall are moving back up next year. Hope you enjoyed the titles.
We will compete with whoever.. Our last two years in 4A (2018 & 2019) we were a combined 22-3.. But yes you can act like we won’t win there..
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

7timechamps wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:03 am
nastycats1988 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:09 am
We will compete with whoever.. Our last two years in 4A (2018 & 2019) we were a combined 22-3.. But yes you can act like we won’t win there..
That’s just typical Dillon folk. He’s mad because the old formula of dropping down classifications so they can have success hasn’t paid off in recent years. Ol’ fake wanna be Dillon University- wish I could find that song black Bart did on them.
Couldn’t find a meter, but here’s 4 bucks!

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

He moved to the Crestwood area.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions