South Florence 2014 & 2015 schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Re: Tentative SF 2014 & 15 non-region schedule

Post by Tigerific »

Socastee will take the open date for everyone next year. We will play WF, Socastee, SF, Sumter then CF.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Tentative SF 2014 & 15 non-region schedule

Post by SF Band dad »

Tigerific wrote:Socastee will take the open date for everyone next year. We will play WF, Socastee, SF, Sumter then CF.
In that case, I've got our region games listed in the right order: Sumter, CF, Conway, Socastee, WF.

It seems kinda' wrong to make the two most distant teams play each other in Week 11. :?

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Re: Tentative South Florence 2014 & 2015 schedule

Post by Tigerific »

Unless something changes that is what I have heard and what usually happens when a new team comes in the region. Otherwise everyone has to rearrange their entire region schedule. Conway, Socastee, and CF can't all play each other week 11 so Socastee and Sumter will most likely play that week. Sumter's cross city or cross county rival Crestwood is a 3A school so they are the odd man out.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Yeah we don't really have a choice. The past two years we played Wando. Sumter doesn't mind the travel so much though. We're used to it because of our location. I just think Sumter will have to split the games up now. We would play the Horry county schools away one year, and play the Florence county schools away the next. Now we'll have to split SF and WF home and away, as well as Conway and CF during the course of the season to avoid going to the beach 3 times in one year. We won't have a choice for other sports, but at least for other sports it's possible to take just one bus. Football you are taking 2 buses for players, 1 bus for cheerleaders, a bus for the band and possibly a truck for the band as well. Sumter's band is the only one I know in the region that will travel for the long away games. The only game I know they will not go to is the game on week 11 if its an away game because thats usually the week of a major competition, and Thursday away games.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

bbrown1240 wrote:I just think Sumter will have to split the games up now.
Yes, but those that actually layout the schedules sometimes make decisions that don't seem to make much sense.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I just looked at Sumter's region schedule this year.... :shock: :shock:

They had better mix things up some or y'all will be traveling to Horry county in weeks 9, 10 and 11. :lol: :lol:

That's just about as messed up as our schedule for the last two years.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I just laid out the region schedules if they only flip home-away and replace all the region 7 teams with Socastee.
Not good. :x

The biggest problem I see is that Socastee ends up with 4 out of 5 games being at home. CF has 3 home games, everyone else has 2.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

YOU MET ME AND I SHOWED U LAPRAD. GIVE ME SOME CREDIT, BANDBABY
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

CITYSLICKER wrote:YOU MET ME AND I SHOWED U LAPRAD. GIVE ME SOME CREDIT, BANDBABY
That is true, Slicker pointed out Laprad and several other coaches and former coaches that attended the game.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

The schedule has been confirmed and I've added game locations to the initial post in this topic.

5 games in Flo Memorial this year, 7 next year when home/away is flipped. That's not bad at all considering we're giving up one game at home to play in the Myrtle Beach Kickoff Classic in week 1. I'm not sure which side of the stadium we'll be on for the Wilson & West Florence games, not that it matters

Only one Thursday night game this year, week 6 against Blythewood.