Byrnes v Chapman

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Byrnes v Chapman

Post by osu-grad »

I fell asleep during halftime thinking Byrnes would win by 21. What the hell happened in the 2nd half?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: Byrnes v Chapman

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Bottom line:

Chapman................................................Byrnes
Wanted it more..........................................Looked like they were sleepwalking
Was better prepared...................................Didn't appear to be ready to play
Made adjustments......................................Never deviated even when things didn't work
Didn't turn it over 5 times...........................Had WAY too many turnovers and other BIG mistakes
Took advantage of our mistakes..................Thought this was a week off!

The DEFENSE was SUPERB, just had to be on the field way too long because the offense sputtered and backfired like an antique hillbilly station wagon, with the exception of #21 all night and a couple of others who did make a play or two along the way. #21 is awesome! The rest of the offense was off just enough to end drives with bad plays, penalties, or great plays by the Chapman D. We could not convert drives! Should have been at least 28-0 at the half if not more.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:01 am
Bottom line:

Chapman................................................Byrnes
Wanted it more..........................................Looked like they were sleepwalking
Was better prepared...................................Didn't appear to be ready to play
Made adjustments......................................Never deviated even when things didn't work
Didn't turn it over 5 times...........................Had WAY too many turnovers and other BIG mistakes
Took advantage of our mistakes..................Thought this was a week off!

The DEFENSE was SUPERB, just had to be on the field way too long because the offense sputtered and backfired like an antique hillbilly station wagon, with the exception of #21 all night and a couple of others who did make a play or two along the way. #21 is awesome! The rest of the offense was off just enough to end drives with bad plays, penalties, or great plays by the Chapman D. We could not convert drives! Should have been at least 28-0 at the half if not more.
I feel like you could copy and paste this post for the last 6-7 years in Duncan. This team could win it all on talent probably, but I believe coaching is holding them back.

osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Post by osu-grad »

What’s the background of Byrnes QB?

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

My buddy that was there, said Byrnes dropped a lot of TD passes as well

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:11 pm
My buddy that was there, said Byrnes dropped a lot of TD passes as well
The two that I can quickly remember that came the play before an interception.... one that I think I could have made a TD on! <---and if I could, that is bad

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

On paper (where we all know the game is NOT played), Chapman was outmanned and did not match up in several key areas; but Chapman never quit! They played at 100% the ENTIRE game.

While posters like us can rehash things and talk about the game all week, the players have to just learn their lessons and gain experience and put this behind them and get ready for the next game. The season is not over for the Rebels.... this game means nothing when it comes to the Region, the bracket, etc and etc. Get re-focused and re-motivated!

--

--

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Chapman packed that place out, It looks like an awesome atmosphere

Darth Rebel
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Darth Rebel »

We have a really good freshman RB and a few good skill players in #1 and #2. The QB is terrible and can’t get them the ball. When a good throw is finally thrown the receivers drop the ball. Byrnes quit after the first quarter and Chapman did not. Chapman deserved to win that game. The coaches, players and fans were dead on the sideline the whole second quarter on. The defense is solid,but can’t be out there the whole game. Kicker looks really good also. Great job punting,but had to punt way too much. Play calling is awful and just as much to blame! Get 5 yards rushing on first down. Second down run it again? Nah! We gonna throw it deep 40 + yards🙄 if this team shows up every week the Rebels will be lucky to be 5-5