Spartanburg Vikings vs Byrnes Rebels

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Re: Spartanburg Vikings vs Byrnes Rebels

Post by Victory6 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 am
Victory6 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:21 pm
#1 played WR, DB, and took some snaps at QB. He was basically their WHOLE team. He broke up several passes that would have gone for TD's against one of our best receivers. He scored a touchdown on offense that was noting but pure determination and will power. He has special talent.
I think that is an over reach saying he is the whole team. The Cooke brothers, a stable of good running backs.

Don't forget, he also got a HUGE and costly personal foul penalty that kept a drive going when it would have been 4th down... that was a total lack of discipline!

He is and will continue to be a huge contributor as long as he stays healthy! He has a lot of talent and a tremendous amount of potential.... but he has to learn to play without making those huge penalties and stop the self promoting actions because those penalties hurt a team! As he grows in physical size, if he also matures and continues to learn to play the position and develop his talents and techniques; the sky is the limit for him!
He was the WHOLE team that night. If he didn't play that night i think it would have been a blowout!! ;)
"Spartan High"

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:22 am
Are you forgetting the loss to West Florence?
I think you know the answer to that question. :D :D
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spartanburgvikings95
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Spartanburgvikings95 »

Vickie do you really realize one player don’t make a team. The player you are talking about is Bomar he is a good Athlete but he doesn’t make the whole team. Hodge has built a culture at Spartanburg that is back from the days of DOC DAVIS!!! For you to think this you are jaded. I was there with DeCav and His and my assessment of the game was SPARTANBURG VIKINGS are the better SEASONED team. So get your facts straight before you come at anything you think is the truth……

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Spartanburgvikings95 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:10 pm
Vickie do you really realize one player don’t make a team. The player you are talking about is Bomar he is a good Athlete but he doesn’t make the whole team. Hodge has built a culture at Spartanburg that is back from the days of DOC DAVIS!!! For you to think this you are jaded. I was there with DeCav and His and my assessment of the game was SPARTANBURG VIKINGS are the better SEASONED team. So get your facts straight before you come at anything you think is the truth……
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Victory6 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:10 pm
Whoever has the best night running the ball will win this game!! I don't see many completed passes if the wind keep blowing like it is now!! Special teams and turnovers will also have a factor in the outcome!! :!: Good luck "VIKINGS" ;)
You were right about the passing for one of the teams but I'm not sure the wind had anything to do with it.

Did anyone get running stats for this game?

Spartanburgvikings95
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Spartanburgvikings95 »

Here is something from MaxPreps I thought you would like: https://t.maxpreps.com/3ef21Ze

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:56 am
Here is something from MaxPreps I thought you would like: https://t.maxpreps.com/3ef21Ze

Those stats are not all correct. Byrnes only had 157 yards of total offense, 92 passing, 65 rushing. Spartanburg had around 300. 140 on the ground, 160 through the air. The sacks are correct, Byrnes kept pressure on Jeter, but the offense never got going.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:10 pm
Oh my, ain't that the truth! Just like Doc! Built it at Chapman and then moved on the SHS... Like old Yogi said, it's déjà vu all over again!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

SCFootballWatcher
No Team Affiliation

Post by SCFootballWatcher »

I don't think it's the same culture with Hodge and Davis at SHS. Honestly, I believe Brown and Miller cultures were more similar to Hodge than what I've saw on the Eastside of Spartanburg the past few seasons.

I see a lot of difference from players and coaches on the sideline. Doc would never allow coaches to be uniformed yet alone the players. Also, Spartanburg had several that put there heads in the stands talking to people up there. I'm not saying Hodge is all bad I just think it's probably a difference because of the change in the times as to why they are different.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

SCFootballWatcher wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:08 am
I don't think it's the same culture with Hodge and Davis at SHS. Honestly, I believe Brown and Miller cultures were more similar :to Hodge than what I've saw on the Eastside of Spartanburg the past few seasons.

I see a lot of difference from players and coaches on the sideline. Doc would never allow coaches to be uniformed yet alone the players. Also, Spartanburg had several that put there heads in the stands talking to people up there. I'm not saying Hodge is all bad I just think it's probably a difference because of the change in the times as to why they are different.
Probably remembers what happened to Doc at Spartanburg.. :o