Florence Memorial Stadium

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Florence Memorial Stadium

Post by SF Band dad »

Tigerific wrote:Didn't you tell me one time there was another high school being discussed for Florence?
Yes. A few years ago I was told that the long-term plan called for an "East Florence" high school, but most development and growth has been on the west side of town. What I'm hearing now is that they are planning to build a new, larger West Florence high school about two miles west of the current location on land the school district already owns. The current WFHS is sitting on some valuable commercial real estate and I believe the district plans to sell it to fund additional new construction and improvements. I could be wrong, they may keep the property and do something else with it.

WF may not get get bigger from an attendance point of view, currently the entire Freshman class at WF is in 18 mobile classrooms behind the main building.

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

WF growing that much?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

SF Band dad wrote:
Tigerific wrote:Didn't you tell me one time there was another high school being discussed for Florence?
Yes. A few years ago I was told that the long-term plan called for an "East Florence" high school, but most development and growth has been on the west side of town. What I'm hearing now is that they are planning to build a new, larger West Florence high school about two miles west of the current location on land the school district already owns. The current WFHS is sitting on some valuable commercial real estate and I believe the district plans to sell it to fund additional new construction and improvements. I could be wrong, they may keep the property and do something else with it.

WF may not get get bigger from an attendance point of view, currently the entire Freshman class at WF is in 18 mobile classrooms behind the main building.

Talk to the folks at Dorman, Walmart built the new school for them... they will tell you how to maximize your $$$$

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Test

micallen
South Florence Bruins

Post by micallen »

Tigerific wrote:WF growing that much?
Keep in mind the high schools in Florence were built for 10th -12th grade - before 9th grade was added (except maybe for the new Wilson).

micallen
South Florence Bruins

Post by micallen »

I'm hearing renewed talk of a new stadium being built near I-95 and 76 intersection, along with soccer complex and outlet mall. Anyone else heard anything like this?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

micallen wrote:I'm hearing renewed talk of a new stadium being built near I-95 and 76 intersection, along with soccer complex and outlet mall. Anyone else heard anything like this?
I haven't heard anything about that lately. Initially there was some talk of a large, multi-use stadium as part of the soccer complex but the last I heard those plans had been scaled way back.

Last year I started hearing rumors about a new football stadium off Cashua adjacent to the tennis complex.

I'll ask around.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Traded messages with a couple guys, no one has heard a thing.