Easley wins 4A Region 1 Baseball

A forum to discuss South Carolina High School Baseball and Softball.
EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Easley improves to 19-3 overall and 12-2 in region play.
Congratulations to my Easley Green Wave Baseball Team!
Go Diamond Wave! :mrgreen:

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Easley wins 4A Region 1 Baseball

Post by mikey »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:08 pm

Congratulations..do you happen to know where I could find current region records statewide? Doubt my Indians make the playoffs,but we could sneak in at a 4 seed since we took 2 from Spartanburg..Brynes to me looks like the class of region 2…Gaffney just hasn’t been able to get timely hits and too many walks by the pitching staff( including my grandson) ..Defensively
they have gotten a lot better as the season progressed..

While I still haven’t figured out if Playing at commissioner’s field is an advantage or disadvantage Spartanburg does play at Duncan Park which close in dimensions. It’s 397 to center and 323 down the lines at Gaffney where Duncan Park is 372 to center and 318 down the lines..lot of difference there..I’m not sure how big most field are in HS, but I would suspect most are smaller..I’d like to hear what some are around the state?

They are currently debating on spending 10 million on a new on site Baseball/Softball game complex at Gaffney and renovations to the Blacksburg baseball field. The “ don’t know how to wisely spend money lame duck superintendent” is pushing it , but it’s going over like a rock in community support..most feel that money should be put as down payment on a new elementary school which is needed..Some think capital improvements should be made at commissioner’s field which makes a lot of sense and would save significant money.The school district doesn’t own the land,but has a 99 yr lease from the CC rec district..

I don’t how I feel about it..while I would love to see a new on site complex with normal dimensions, I also see a big need for a new middle school..either way something needs to have been done yesterday about restroom and concessions at both Blacksburg and Gaffney..especially the women’s restrooms..as our old friend Scalpie says, our girls are having to change tampons in a porta John with no lights and dress in their cars..and it’s sorta of embarrassing for our lady visitors.

If the DA Super and school board had made wise decisions during his tenure we might not be faced with all the needs we currently have …the SB did after all go along with his bullshit..I’m glad to see him go..Stay tuned..

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

mikey wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:13 am
EHSMeanGreen wrote:

Congratulations..do you happen to know where I could find current region records statewide? Doubt my Indians make the playoffs,but we could sneak in at a 4 seed since we took 2 from Spartanburg..Brynes to me looks like the class of region 2…Gaffney just hasn’t been able to get timely hits and too many walks by the pitching staff( including my grandson) ..Defensively
Threw this together from multiple sources.. (I think this is correct?)
5A Region 2 Baseball Standings
Baseball_5A-2_Standings.jpg
Baseball_5A-2_Standings.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 488 times
A sweep over Boiling Springs this week would get Gaffney into the playoffs.
Winning 2 out of 3 could also get the Indians in the playoffs as the tiebreaker should favor the Indians if you take 2 of 3 from the Bulldogs.
If not your Indians could still be eligible for an Upstate At-large bid.

Good Luck. :mrgreen:

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:43 pm
mikey wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:13 am
EHSMeanGreen wrote:

Threw this together from multiple sources.. (I think this is correct?)
5A Region 2 Baseball Standings
Baseball_5A-2_Standings.jpg

A sweep over Boiling Springs this week would get Gaffney into the playoffs.
Winning 2 out of 3 could also get the Indians in the playoffs as the tiebreaker should favor the Indians if you take 2 of 3 from the Bulldogs.
If not your Indians could still be eligible for an Upstate At-large bid.

Good Luck. :mrgreen:

Thanks..Hopefully we have a good week..