Class A Div I championship game postponed??

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
mystikul
Central Eagles

Class A Div I championship game postponed??

Post by mystikul »

Class A State Championship Game Postponed After Eligibility Protest
Ron Aiken | USA Today High School Sports | WLTX 19

wth...shouldn't they have protested whoever they are, before the playoff's started?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Class A Div I championship game postponed??

Post by SF Band dad »

Bamberg-Ehrhardt Waiting, Practicing
Matt Zahn, WJBF Sports Director/Anchor | Nov. 26, 2014

< Excerpts - full article at the headline link >

Bamberg-Ehrhardt head coach Kevin Crosby says it was Allendale-Fairfax and Barnwell that filed formal grievances about the eligibility of a sophomore player and whether or not he lives within Bamberg's district boundaries.

Crosby says that the schools went as far as to hire a private investigator to follow the player in question,....

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

In an earlier article Matt Zahn wrote:Crosby says he first heard of this potential protest last Friday and that the protest was about one of his players not living in the Bamberg area. He says that the player in question transferred into their district before the season, and everything was approved by the SCHSL.
I've made this a Global Announcement because this issue crosses all classifications and sports.

Do we have to put up with this crap every year? When are the member schools going to demand that a deadline be set on eligibility protests?

bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

Post by bruindad79 »

SF Band dad wrote:
In an earlier article Matt Zahn wrote:Crosby says he first heard of this potential protest last Friday and that the protest was about one of his players not living in the Bamberg area. He says that the player in question transferred into their district before the season, and everything was approved by the SCHSL.
I've made this a Global Announcement because this issue crosses all classifications and sports.

Do we have to put up with this crap every year? When are the member schools going to demand that a deadline be set on eligibility protests?
If I offend someone with this post, please accept my apologies

I know one thing... if I found out someone (especially a P.I.) was following my 15 yo son home from school, you'd see me on the 6 pm news, I can promise you that! This is absolutely ridiculous and pathetic that we have stopped to this level over a stinking Football game. It's a game played by kids, who cares where he lives, unless he has the same DNA as Bo Jackson, one player isn't very likely to change the outcome of a game.

Off my soap box for now.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe that 2 high schools hired a private investigator to follow a 15 year old child home from school really. This is absolutely sickening and freaking absurd to say the least.

The deadline for eligibility protest should be Week 11 and if the protest is not turned in by then to bad you loose the chance. I think we all know that after week 9 that they call up all the jv players they are goin to call up to the varsity roster?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I know there a lot of parents that figure out how to send their kids to a school they are not zoned for, I believe that most are not doing it for athletic reasons. I don't know any details in this particular case, but should we hold schools and teams responsible if a child and his parents deceive the school about where they live?

If the school & district does their due diligence to verify and document the residency of a transfer student any protests or challenges need to have a time limit. Additionally, broad forfeits are too harsh unless the school was complicit in the deception or they did not properly verify and document the transfer student's residency.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Band Dad I agree 100% with you I don't think the school should be punished if they honestly didn't know that they were being deceived. I know that here in Gaffney we have the ability to send our kids wherever as long as we drive them. I know its different when the school board is only 1 like we have here but still could you imagine having a stud player from Blacksburg our other high school transfer to Gaffney and still live in Blacksburg how is that right, I know it has happened but what does the SCHSL do on that

I think the schools should have to the end of the regular season to file a complaint unless something crazy happens then after the 1st week of the playoffs should be the cut off

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Christ Church championship game to be played Friday

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/275288 ... z3Km61hhc5" target="_blank

vet68
No Team Affiliation

Post by vet68 »

The ineligible player was reported to the high school league in August. The High School league did not properly investigate. The school was aware of the problem. It is not something that was sprung on them at the last minute. There is a lot more to this than has been reported.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

vet68 wrote:The ineligible player was reported to the high school league in August. The High School league did not properly investigate. The school was aware of the problem. It is not something that was sprung on them at the last minute. There is a lot more to this than has been reported.
vet68, Welcome to the board. :)

Your comments just reinforce our frustration with the situation. The HSL doesn't properly investigate, the situation drags out, games are postponed and we are never given a reasonable explanation of what happened, just a vanilla press release.